Opolskie full of flavour
Opolskie voivodeship is one of the least known and one of the most interesting regions in Poland. It delights with the beauty of wild nature, reserves and landscape parks, picturesquely situated lakes and rivers. The knowledge-hungry tourists are attracted by historic palaces and castles – there are over one hundred and sixty of them. For years, the influences of Polish, Czech, German and Borderland cultures mixed in the voivodeship. Thanks to this, Opole Silesia is famous for its unique traditions and interesting customs. It is mixed here with the German “ordnung” – order with the Slavic tradition. We can still try regional delicacies here, participate in folk rituals, learn about already forgotten crafts. Special tourist routes, such as the Trail of Medieval Polychromes in Brzeg, the Trail of Wooden Churches encourage them to explore the region by theme.
- Visit multicultural Wroclaw
- See the most beautiful castles of Opolskie region
- Stay overnight in one of the Palaces
- Visit the Silesian Sistine Chapel and the “little Wawel”
- Taste Polish wine in local vineyards
- Learn the fascinating history
- Try most famous regional cheese, local pastry, honey and mead,
- Relax surrounded by nature
- Discover the beauty of Brzeski polychrome trail with it’s wooden churches
DAY 1 Multicultural Wroclaw – Polish Venice
Arrival to Wroclaw, the city with rich history, numerous attractions and multiculturalism. The city located in the region close to the boarder changed hands several times. The city monuments reflect the influence of Polish, German, Austrian and Czech culture. Upon arrival transfer to the centrally located hotel. Afternoon walk around the city with a guide. Wroclaw is called the Polish Venice, the Odra river passes through the city, creating numerous islands connected with 117 bridges. We invite you for a walk around Ostrow Tumski, the oldest and most romantic part of the city. See the cathedral of St. John the Baptist, numerous Gothic churches, bridges and gas lanterns. Visit the Market Square, one of the largest in Europe with a beautiful town hall and tenement houses around from the Austrian and German periods. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 2 Centennial Hall (UNESCO), Vineyard and Catamaran Cruise
After breakfast we continue to explore the city. We will visit the Centennial Hall building and walk around the Jewish Quarter. We will admire the sculptures of numerous dwarfs, which are the city’s symbol. Enjoy the lunch in a vineyard near Wroclaw, one of the largest in Poland. Taste Polish wine paired with regional cuisine followed by the visit to the winery. In the evening, a catamaran cruise on the Odra river (depending on the weather conditions). A culinary walk along the route of cafes and bars with tasting local tapas. Overnight.
DAY 3 Honey, cheese and wine
We set off from Wroclaw towards the Owl Mountains, the land of beautiful landscapes and local flavors. On the way, a stop at the apiary, where Mr Czeslaw will explain the functioning of the hive. For the brave, honey tasting straight from the bee’s house. Lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon visit to a vineyard and local wine tasting. Visit to an old car museum right next door. At the end, a walk around the charming Paczkow, called the Polish Carcassonne, due to the well-preserved fragments of the old city walls. Dinner in a unique place, situated in a green ravine. Overnight in the Paczkow area.
DAY 4 Fairytale castles and palaces
After a lazy breakfast, we start our hike along the trail of castles. First, we will go to the neo-gothic Palace, to our delight with both the fantastic interiors of this place and the local cuisine. Dinner. Then we go to Moszna, where one of the most impressive castles in Poland stands with 99 towers, 365 rooms and an extensive gardens. Optional balloon flight over the castle. Dinner at the castle restaurant. Accommodation in the hotel. Overnight.
DAY 5 St Anna’s Mt- a charming corner of the Opole region
The majestic Chelm hill towering over the area has been a place of worship of St. Anna. Pilgrims go to the feet of an ancient figurine that is cared for by the Franciscans. The local lands belonged to the wealthy Gaszyn family based in Zyrowa. They founded an impressive Calvary with over 40 chapels scattered around the picturesque surroundings. After visiting the sanctuary and a real Silesian meal, we will go to the monument commemorating the Silesian Uprisings. It rises above the stone amphitheater, carved in German times. The amphitheater and the rock on which the monument is situated hide many secrets. A walk along the paths of the Landscape Park and, for those willing, mini-trekking through the beech forests. Dinner at the hotel and overnight.
DAY 6 Brzeski’s polychrome route, honey tasting
After breakfast, we set off on the Brest polychrome trail. More than a dozen medieval churches hiding real treasures inside. A local guide collects the keys at a nearby rectory and then interpret for us colorful scenes of the Pauperum Bible-a medieval bible for the people. Silesian Sistine Chapel. Lunch at a local restaurant, then we will visit the small Wawel, i.e. the Piast Castle in Brzeg. For dinner and overnight, we will reach a charming palace connected to a vineyard. We will end the day with a bonfire combined with a dinner and a story about the nearby Jan Dzierzon apiary, medicinal and drinking meads. So, before going to bed, a sweet tasting awaits us.
DAY 7 Wine, “Kołocz” and cheese
Start the day with a walk around the local vineyard including tasting. Coffee break with the “Kołocz Śląski” specialty of the region, entered on the list of the culinary heritage of the region. To this day, the “kołocz” is baked a month before the wedding, so that the future newlyweds can visit their friends and acquaintances with refreshments. Free time at leisure. Optionally- kayaking (depending on weather conditions). In the late afternoon, we will have a goat cheese tasting at a local farm, combined with a mini workshop. Return to Wroclaw for dinner and overnight.
DAY 8 WROCLAW
Time for shopping and time at leisure. Possibility to visit Panorama of Battle of Raclawice on your own. Monumental painting, 114 meters long and 15 meters high. It shows the victorious battle of the Poles over the Russians at Raclawice in April 1794. For families with children we recommend visiting the ZOO or Hydropolis. Transfer to the airport.
Opolskie full of flavour
- INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- original sightseeing program based on a selection of places, attractions and tastes that delighted our Wowland team during numerous trips around the region
- transfers by coach or minibus
- 2 nights in the Opole’s Palace and 5 nights in 3 * and 4 * hotels (based on twin room)
- daily breakfasts (delicious and healthy)
- 1 lunch at a restaurant located in a historic palace, included in the list of 100 best restaurants in Poland.
- 5 lunches in regional restaurants
- bonfire dinner
- 1 dinner at the palace restaurant
- 5 dinners at the hotel
- drinks: water, 1 soft drink or beer
- wine tasting in the vineyard combined with visiting the car museum
- tasting in the palace vineyard
- workshops in the apiary
- workshops in the cheese production yard with tasting
- honey and mead tasting
- tasting the “Silesian Kołocz”
- guided tours of castles / palaces
- guided tours of historic churches
- the care of local guides, real enthusiasts
- care of a Tour Leader who will take care of the atmosphere and every detail of the trip
- SGL room supplement
- SPA treatments
- Other drinks
- Worth reading:
- Wroclaw has an international airport offering flight from UK, Netherlands, France, Sweden, Norway, Denmark.
- Nearest airports: Katowice (180 km), Krakow (270 km), Poznan (170 km), Dresden (250 km)
- The price is based on group of 20 people
- We prefer an intimate atmosphere, avoid crowds, according to safety rules, this is why our groups are small (12-20 people) or we prepare a la carte programs
- We care about your safety. Read more about our safety regulations during COVID.
- It is possible to travel by your own means of transportation.
- It is possible to organize the above program or similar one tailored to your needs, for your family, group of friends. Feel free to contact us.
- We reserve the right to change the order of the program according to availability and weather conditions.
Copyright: The offers presented by us are the author’s creation of the Wowland project and are its property. They cannot be copied in part or in full. Thank you in advance for respecting intellectual property.
Get in touch to talk about your incentive tavel trip today
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
- Polka Travel: Insurance guarantee Signal Iduna no M 516684 for the amount of 500.000 PLN