Royal idyllic tour de Swietokrzyskie district
Day 1 Arrival in Warsaw (D)
Private transfer to the hotel, standard check in time is 2pm optional activities (optional cost).
Warsaw is the capital of both Poland and Mazowsze region. Almost completely destroyed during WWII, it’s rebuilding was an act of determination and self belief. Today the city again features such fine views. Sightseeing in Warsaw is not all about the city’s tragic past, and can also involve the endeavours of scientific discovery. One of Europe’s most fascinating museums, the Copernicus Science Centre, and it’s accompanying planetarium, is a fully immersive experience, packed with interactive and multimedia displays, frequent exhibitions and events. Named after the famed Polish mathematician and astronomer Nicolause Copernicus, the centre is a super-modern, throught evoking venue not to be missed. The museum itself is found on the pleasant Vistulan Boulevards, which are gradually being renovated in stages, and are perfect for walkers, cyclists and even lazy loungers! These are just some of the highlights of the on-the-up Powisle District!
Depends on your arrival time we will be able to offer you a selection of carefully chosen activities both feeding your curiosity about the past times and active inner selfJ
- We suggest either lunch/ dinner on the riverbank with the look in Warsaw bridges, wild beaches and incredible nature.
- Cruise on the Vistula River in comfortable and exclusive boats. The trip offers spectacular views of the „Powisle district”.
Overnight in Warsaw.
Day 2 Essential Warsaw (B,L,D)
Each year Warsaw attracts tourists from all over the Globe, whether you like to travel slow or see loads we will be able to show you our capital in a different light. By doing different things you will never get bored. You will get inspired for more to come.
- Tour along the Royal Route with a local guide (on push bike or on foot )
- Walk through the Old Town, photo session with Warsaw Mermaid
- Lunch at local restaurant first taste of Polish cuisine (filled dumplings) and local beer
- Indulge with a delicious chocolate from the Wedel chocolatiers or eat delicious traditional donut
- Tour by retro car 125p to the right bank of Vistula River – towards Praga.
- Visiting „Vodka Museum” in the complex of „Koneser” old factory of vodka Workshops about Polish Vodka liquors.
- Complete the day with an evening walk through Nowy Świat Street full of restaurant and bars.
Day 3 Sobkow – Checiny in Swietokrzyskie Voivodeship (B,L,D)
Swietokrzyskie will enchant you with the taste of zalewajka soup, delicious fudge and chocolate-coated prunes. It will seduce you with a story told by an enthusiastic guide, who will lead you through the merchant’s underground in a traditional costume. It will charm you with the atmosphere of the vineyard and the impressive, romantic ruins of the palace.
- Learn the history of the merchant underground
- Taste what real “zalewajka” is, find out what regional cheese and famous fudge from Opatow taste like
- Listen to the love story of King Kazimierz and beautiful Esther
- Find out why Szydlow is called the Polish Carcassonne
- Take part in the Szydlowianka chocolate-plum workshop
- Learn the history of the impressive ruins of “Krzyztopor”
- Raise a toast at the heart of the vineyard
In the morning, we set off from Warsaw to the nearby region, surprising with its cultural richness. Tired of the everyday hustle and bustle of the city, we will be happy to rest in quieter surroundings. We reach the bank of the Nida River where we start the canoeing trip, the beautiful meanders of the river are ahead of us, which will lead us straight to… a unique castle. Once a nobleman welcomed newcomers with delicious mead, this time we will also be greeted in this way, and we are transported back in time… to go to a court feast. Only regional dishes for lunch, in a stylish setting. We rest in historic chambers, where each room with its stylish design takes us straight to the old era. From the manor, it’s time to visit the royal castle of Checiny, who remembers Polish King- Wladyslaw Lokietek. Here Queen Bona once stayed with her entourage. We listen to a guide who tells colorful stories. From the castle hill we admire a beautiful view. Today we sleep in the castle chambers, Your Lord! In the evening, a joint feast in the Castle. Overnight in Sobkow.
Day 4 Szydłów – Sandomierz (B,L,D)
Next stop is Szydlow known as the Polish Carcassonne. We will listen carefully to the story told by the guide in a beautifully restored synagogue. We will see one of the oldest Polish penitential churches. We will learn the rules of building a medieval castle. Interestingly, King Wladyslaw Jagiello visited Szydlow 17 times, ruling from here. Remember, however, that there is only one Queen in Szydlow – it is the plum of Szydlow ! Plums in chocolate, plums in fudge, in jam, liqueur, tincture … in the town hall building, in the beautiful plum kingdom, we will have delicious, sweet workshops with plums in the lead role. Lunch at local restaurant serving traditional polish cuisine. In the afternoon slowly we move towards Sandomierz ( upon Vistula river) -one of oldest and historically most important cities in Poland. Check in to the hotel conveniently located in city centre, evening walk through Old Town, dinner in local restaurant. Overnight in Sandomierz.
Day 5 Sandomierz and wine tasting tour (B,L)
After breakfast we set off to explore the city with a guide using historic eco-vehicles. We will learn the history of the merchant and church parts, and in the local cathedral, which is one of the most beautiful in Poland, we will admire the treasures of painting and sculptures, including the ugliest angel in Poland. Free time on the main course to taste delicious fudge – with cinnamon, mint, nuts. It is worth taking a closer look at the sophisticated jewellery made of striped flint, gray-beige stone, which goes well with fine linen and wool. Lunch in a unique place on the culinary map of the region. This is gourmet cuisine referring to the old royal recipes. Seasonal dishes, including traditional crayfish soup or celery steak. We will spend a lazy late afternoon in the vineyard. On the way, we will stop at the impressive ruins of Krzyżtopór. Later we will stop in one of the best vineyards of the Sandomierz route, where we indulge in the pleasures of tasting. The owner will tell you (colorfully) about the local grape varieties and then invite you to a tasting. In the scenery of grapevines we will try local cheese, preserves, cold meats, everything freshly made on nearby farms. Overnight in Sandomierz.
fot. Sławek Rakowski
Day 6 Cmielow Tour (B,L,D)
Today we are going to one of the most famous Polish porcelain factories in Cmielow. Sophisticated cups and jugs successfully competed on European tables with their counterparts from Meissen and Sèvres. It is a unique place on the artistic map of the region. We will visit the Live Porcelain Museum, we will see the legendary, most delicate powder pink tableware…. is gold added to it? Time for a coffee in a sophisticated porcelain cup with an admixture …… about it on the spot. Local flavors for lunch – herbs from the surrounding fields, groats combined with delicious dumplings and meat. And for dessert, obligatory – the famous Opatow fudge, entered on the list of Culinary Heritage and a homemade liqueur with … you will be surprised! When nourished, we explore the underground route of former merchant cellars. We will learn about the treasures of the Knights Templar, white gold and the history of the city, which received city rights as early as 1282! In the afternoon we set on journey back to Warsaw. We are sure by now all of you will be able to pronounce all visited places! Free time to explore the city and buy last minute souvenirs. Overnight in Warsaw.
Day 7 Departure (B)
After breakfast in the hotel check out. Transfer to the airport. Do zobaczenia!
Royal idyllic tour de Swietokrzyskie district
- INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Original sightseeing program based on the selection of places, attractions and tastes that delighted our WOWLAND team
- Transfer by coach or minibus
- Accommodation in 3 and 4* hotels recommended by WOW Team.
- Lunches based on traditional regional cuisine in a local restaurant: soup, main course, water, as per program
- Dinners as mentioned in program
- Dinner at the vineyard – tasting wines, local cheese, cold snacks, oil, bread and other delicacies from local farmers
- Tasting and workshops “around the plum”
- Tasting the famous fudge
- Entrance tickets to all the places mentioned in the program
- Guided tour of the synagogue
- Guided tour of underground system of multi-storey chambers and tunnels
- Tour Leader present during the whole day, who will take care of the group, supports it and provides a friendly atmosphere
- Other drinks
- Worth reading:
- The price is based on group of 10 people in twin rooms
- The group will travel by coach or minivan
- The program is based on selected services, restaurants and attractions. We pay great attention to your comfort and traveling atmosphere
- We prefer an intimate atmosphere, avoid crowds, according to safety rules, this is why our groups are small (8-14 people) or we prepare a la carte programs
- We care about your safety. Read more about our safety regulations during COVID.
- It is possible to travel by your own means of transportation.
- It is possible to organize the above program or similar one tailored to your needs, for your family, group of friends. Feel free to contact us.
- We reserve the right to change the order of the program according to availability and weather conditions.
Copyright: The offers presented by us are the author’s creation of the Wowland project and are its property. They cannot be copied in part or in full. Thank you in advance for respecting intellectual property.
Get in touch to talk about your incentive tavel trip today
Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
- Polka Travel: Insurance guarantee Signal Iduna no M 516684 for the amount of 500.000 PLN